The Dawn Ellmore Employment sponsored CIPA CITMA Cricket Club play friendly mid-week games of cricket against like-minded opposition, selected based on 1) their friendly attitude and 2) their cricketing ability (not too good) and finally 3) any link to IP being a bonus.
Thanks to the excellent weather and keen opposition, CIPA CITMA CC managed to squeeze in 11 games over the summer – winning 10 of them. The results are as follows:
- 22nd May – Thomson Reuters – Won by 2 wickets
- 5th June – Bristows – Won by 5 wickets
- 12th June – Archway Ladder – Won by 4 runs
- 19th June – Treasury Dragons – Lost by 6 wickets
- 26th June – Institute of Child Health – Won by 68 runs
- 4th July – Agricola – Won by 77 runs
- 17th July – TFL Dinos – Won by 2 wickets
- 24th July – Bird & Bird – Won by 44 runs
- 31st July – Superstars – Won by 18 runs
- 7th August – Carpmaels & Ransford – Won by 34 runs
- 14th August – Taylor Wessing – Won by 9 wickets
Particular highlights include smashing Agricola (a team loosely derived from DEFRA) away from home, and a thrilling last-over win against Archway Ladder – the team who share the club’s home ground at Alexandra Palace.
Club records tumbled this season, and our club sponsorship allowed the purchase of three new trophies, as well as club equipment and subsidised shirts.
The club’s annual end of season overseas tour in 2018 was to Sofia, Bulgaria, to extend the number of European destinations to six. Two matches were played on consecutive days, with the club posting a good victory against the Bulgarian National Cricket Academy, but balancing this out with a heavy defeat to Cricket Club Sofia.
In readiness for the 2019 season, the club will be organising weekly training sessions from late January onwards. These sessions take place in the nets at both Lord’s and The Oval.
We will bring you the 2019 fixtures as soon as they are available.
The club is always on the lookout for new players (of any ability). Please contact Kevin Bartle (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to find out more information, and be put in contact with the club captain.